Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

High Maintenance

I must say, I've always known I've been a very high maintenance person, but I was quite surprised when I actually added up all of the beauty products I use on a daily basis! Geeze! The cosmetics companies should be sending me thank you notes DAILY!!!

It's a good thing that I enjoy the process. Do I want permanently tattooed eye liner? Lip liner? Hell to the no! If I had that done, then I wouldn't need to apply my eyeliner every morning! I'd miss that! Not kidding! I love every second of doing my makeup!! Whether I'm in a hurry or not!

The question I must answer is this: What is high priority and what can I do without? What if I'm in a hurry and I only have time for 20 or so of my 50 or so product routine? Let's examine the products.

1. Body Wash. I guess I could use my husband's soap, but there are gross hairs on it and I won't touch it. Body Wash - HIGH PRIORITY.
2. Body Exfoliant. VERY different from face exfoliant. Trust me here.
3. Facial Cleanser. Use a SOAP on this fabulous face? NO WAY! Occasionally, when I'm feeling like down sizing a little, I'll use a bar of Clinique Soap, and then use the same soap on my body, but that's as far away from facial cleanser as i"ll get. Facial Cleanser - HIGH PRIORITY.

4. Facial Exfoliant. I only use this about 5 days per week, but I need it SO badly! HIGH
5. Shampoo. Really. HIGH.
6. Conditioner. Really. HIGH. Unless we want to see staticky hair all over the place! HIGH!
7. Conditioning Spray before Blow drying. HIGH!
8. Body Lotion. I'm using a gradual self tanning cream, so actually, this is 2 products in one! YAY FOR ME!!!
9. Hair Spray. HIGHly flamable.

Now let's talk about skin care:

10. Toner. I know all the experts say I don't need it, but I LOVE it. Clinique or Erno Laszlo feel best!
11. SERUM. Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum is HIGH priority. And EVERYONE should be using this product. And NOT because I work for Trish. You'll see as you read on that Trish doesn't hold the highest place on my product list!

12. Eye Cream from Natura Bisse. HIGH
13. Facial Moisturizer from La Mer. HIGH HIGH HIGH.

Let's get into the makeup! Hold on to your keyboard. This could be a bumpy ride.

14. Foundation Primer! Yay for Smashbox Primer. HIGH
15. Eye Shadow Base. I HAVE to use this. It's Trish! It holds the shadow on ALL day AND it's SPARKLY!! HIGH
16. Brow color. It's just a Trish eyeshadow, but it's the PERFECT color.
17. Brow Brush. Did you expect that I'd use my toothbrush?
18. Brow Gel. Holds all of those tiny hairs in place! AND......SPARKLY!!
19. Brown Eyeliner. Every day. Urban Decay in Bourbon.
20. Black Eyeliner. Every day I tightline the Trish black pencil into my lashes - TOP AND BOTTOM. One day, if you're nice to me, I'll teach you how to do it!
21. TINY brush to blend the liners together!
22. All-over Eye shadow color in "Demure" by Trish McEvoy.
23. All-over eye shadow application brush.
24. Tweezerman Tweezers. The hairs show up better on a little light shadow.
25. Eye shadow for my crease!
26. Brush from Trish cut especially for the crease. Thank you Trish.
27. Fun eye shadow color on lid.
28. Fun eye-shadow-color-on-lid-application brush! Again, Trish to the rescue.
29. High Volume Mascara at roots of Lashes.
30. Curling Mascara layered over top of the High Volume Mascara.
31. Rose Gold Lash Curler by Tweezerman. At this point my lashes don't need curled, but for God's sake: It's ROSE GOLD!
32. Concealer. Only 1 for me: Dermablend. Mixed with my eye cream, which I already listed.
33. Special Concealer brush.
34. Erno Laszlo Shake it foundation in Beige! Nothing feels better when it's humid than THIS product!
35. Trish foundation brush to blend Erno around.
36. Bare Minerals Mineral foundation brushed over the Erno Laszlo Shake it.
37. Special brush from Trish that provides the perfect amount of LIGHT coverage used with the Mineral foundation.
38. Bronzer, applied all over so I can fake a little tan.
39. Bronzer brush. $78 from Trish McEvoy. Wow, expensive yet fabulous.
40. Blush applied to the apples of my cheeks.
41. Blush brush to apply the apple blush!
42. Lipstick in a fabulous color.
43. Lipgloss in an equally fabulous color. Usually the glosses are the plumping glosses from Bare Minerals. Yum!
44. Trish McEvoy Luxury Planner in Hermes Orange to hold it all together.
45. Rose water facial spray from Chanticaille because I'm sweating like a farm animal from all this work.
46. Perfume. Trish or Creed in the morning. Chanel at night.
47. Hair glossing cream.
48. Hair Serum.
49. Straightening spray before the flat ironing begins.
50. Brush cleaning spray to clean every brush before I put it back in the Orange Luxury Planner.

So, I think that's about it. I may have missed a product or two, but for the most part this is everything!

There you have it. This is me. What will absolutely SHOCK you after reading through these 50 items is this: I do my makeup in 10 minutes flat I've even done it in the car on the way to work. Not often. I don't trust the other drivers on the road. They're very busy texting. Why can't they just focus and put their makeup on like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment