Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 24, 2010

I have a very good friend...

I have a very good friend.
The kind of girl who likes to follow a trend.
She has a personal style
Some people like it, others tend to go wild.
You hear her voice everywhere
Taking the chair
She's a leading lady.
And with no trace of hesitation she keeps going head over heels,
Making her way.
Pushing through unknown jungles every day
She's a girl
With a taste
For the world.....

Yes, I have a very good friend.
She's the most wonderful person I know. She's very entrepreneurial and she's definitely a leader. She has a wonderful husband and she's growing a wonderful business. But... I mean AND...

She's got a handful of D R A M A !!!

She's the type of person that would go to bat for anyone. Who would jump at the suggestion of trouble and would do anything to help anyone!! And she's very capable of helping anyone who needs it!

Recently, she was wondering why she had been called upon to help the most recent recipient of her goodness. I had to tell her that...well.... maybe it wasn't about HER this time. This was someone very close to her. Maybe this time she was just placed in a situation where she was available to help someone.

We all ask ourselves, "Why me?" "Why am I here?" "Why was I the one called upon to help?"

My answer, as one who - thanks be to God - has many answers, was this: Maybe it's not about you this time. Maybe the question isn't "why me?", but "What can I do?" Maybe it's just not about you.

Maybe it's not about you. Maybe you've been called upon to fix a relationship with someone.
Maybe it's not about you. Maybe you've been called upon to show someone a different way of life.
Maybe it's not about you. Maybe you've been called upon to show someone through YOUR life that they can live a BETTER life.
Maybe it's not about you. Maybe you've been called upon to show someone that you love them no matter WHAT they choose. Knowing full well that in the end, they'll see that you were right all along, but for now you just have to love them.

And...maybe a month is enough.... Maybe you had a chance for the last 4 weeks to show them ALL OF IT: You have a good relationship. You've shown them that it can be better for them. You've shown them HOW to have that better life, because YOU have it. And you've shown them that you love them no matter what they choose.

AND...Even more importantly for you,

YOU know that you need to live YOUR life. You can only do so much. You can lead by example. You KNOW that in every area of your life ---- except for this one ---- because it is just SO close to your heart. You know that you need to continue to live your fabulous life. Because to STOP living your fabulous life would make everything you've said to the person you've been trying to help a lie.

Live your life. Show them how it's done. They're close enough to see how it works.

You don't need to turn yourself inside out and upside down to make your point. You've made it. Now just go live.

Be the example
BE the change you wish to see in the world.

I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Donna,

    I don't know what to say. At first, when I started reading, I thought this was about someone else! (Because I didn't want to assume and be arrogant-)

    You've helped me to see that situation much more clearly.

    I can't tell you what your taking the time and thoughtfulness to write this means to me today.

    AND I am SO glad that I'm not going to be far away from you-

    But most especially, when I woke up this morning, the first thought I had was that I am beyond blessed to have such a good friend in you.

    I sprayed my face with your pure Rose Water and i thought, yep- I am a lucky, lucky girl.

    xxoo! Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a wonderful, forever friend. You are the most fabulous woman I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the very same about you...

    Can't wait for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete